Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Cheesecake.Fail.

I love making cheesecake. Mostly because I have finally perfected the process and my cheesecakes come out looking perfect. No cracks, perfectly level, perfect. It makes my crazy OCD, Type A personality really happy.



This did not happen last night. I have made this same pumpkin cheesecake recipe several times and it is AMAZING. It takes a total of about 4 freaking hours to make but it's decadent and delicious. So last night, in the preparation for Thanksgiving, I made my usual cheesecake recipe. Now, I go both ways on the canned/fresh pumpkin argument. I believe in canned pumpkin for cakes, but fresh for pies. I used to make this cheesecake with canned pumpkin but a few weeks ago tried it with fresh pumpkin and it was great. So last night I followed the same method. The entire time I'm thinking "Hmm....this pumpkin looks different." And then kept truckin' on. In goes the cheesecake in the oven to cook. I check it after an hour and go to tap the side of the pan with my wooden spoon (to see how it jiggles) and instead the end of my spoon hits the top of my cheesecake and RUINS the perfection. I gasp really, really loudly and my husband runs in thinking I just burned my hand off or something. Nope, just me wanting to cry because it won't be perfect, and therefore I have to start all over, of course. I immediately closed the door of the oven and starting panicking. And then I licked the spoon. (No judgment here people.) Blech.

Sugar/pie pumpkins provided by my dear husband's even dearer co-worker? Not Pie Pumpkins.

Cheesecake disaster. It was basically stringy and not-sweet pumpkin cheesecake. Today, I will start over, and use canned. If it goes well, I'll post the recipe. Until then, I am doubting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment