Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Lawyers drink. Alot.

Okay so I've been going to a lot of these little networking events here in Chicago and am basically finding myself drinking copious amounts of wine because I can. Lawyers drink a lot, especially when we're all in a large group together doing it because it's free. At a recent event, I was enjoying meeting all these new people and chit-chatting while drinking a glass of wine, and as soon as my glass got low, the next second someone I just met is walking up to me with a nicely-full new glass "Oh, I saw you were getting low and since I was going back to the bar anyway, I grabbed you another glass." This happened a lot. So much that my friends and I who went to this event together had to stay late enough to order a pizza so we didn't stumble down to the Red Line. This is why I love lawyers. Sure, our profession is dealing with an unprecedented economic downfall, there are more lawyers and law students than there are jobs or even a need for lawyers, and we spend a lot of time dealing with stressful and irritating situations. However, there is always alcohol.

Free alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment