Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Confrontation Class

My poor husband, the non-lawyer, is taking a class for his company about "Confrontation in the Workplace." Basically they want a bunch of techies and engineers to not run away in fear whenever someone gets pissed off (which is pretty much what they do now). They all had to take a survey before the class to see their level of confrontation. Basically they all got "Confrontation Avoider." I, of course, then proceed to BEG and PLEAD for him to please bring me home a copy of the survey so my lawyer friends and I can take it. I have been unsuccessful. In fact he said "Do you guys really need a survey to say you are confrontational??" Um, yes. We are competitive, we want to see who is the most confrontational, duh. He has had one class. He came home and said:

Hubs: "In class today they told us the wrong ways to be confrontational."
Me: "Uh -huh" (Busily reading)
Hubs: "For example they showed us a video where the woman yells at the man to stop being a big baby."
Me: (Laughing)
Hubs: "See! I watched that and thought, oh crap my wife does that all the time."
Me: "But that's just funny."
Hubs: "Well, they say that's not the right way to fight."
Me: "Well tell them that I wouldn't say it if you weren't being a big baby." (Back to reading)

As you can see, I'm really good at learning my faults.

No comments:

Post a Comment