Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cookies and custody battles

So I practice family law. And let me just say that we see some really crazy shit when it comes to child custody disputes. Text messages and camera phones have made my job waaaaay more interesting. Most of the time, I think these people are all kinds of f-ing up their kids, and they could give a crap as long as they "stick it" to their ex. It's the sad reality of doing divorces. Even with clients that try to keep the peace and do things right, there's still so much drama. Then again, I was always the kid in school that all my friends told their problems to and talked to about everything. (I get it from my mother, people will tell her their entire life story within 5 minutes of meeting her). So really this job fascinates me every day. Even if it does make me sad for people sometimes.

But oh the cookies. Specifically, Cheryl's Cookies.

A tin of the sugar cookies with buttercream frosting was sent to my office and I am in heaven. Everything seems a little better with a heart shaped buttercream cookie. Have someone you need to send something to? Don't send flowers, send these. Or good lord, even these. I am telling you, whoever you send these to will love you forever. I'm about to cut my fees in half just for getting these. They're THAT good. Daresay it, my own aren't this good and I make damned good cookies.

So if you need a moment of heavenly sugaryness, in a land of chaos and damned cold weather that will not go away, have a cookie.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie Gift Baskets is definitely one of the classic gift basket ideas that rock. Depending on your budget, you can choose between a small number of gourmet chocolates cookies or a large number of regular cookies. In any case, your recipient’s sweet tooth will thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete