Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

President's Day clean-fest

So, it's President's Day! Which, while I know is not generally a holiday that people celebrate, it is a day that I celebrate, because courts are closed. That's right! And although I did come into the office this morning to get some work done, I am leaving in 5 minutes (at 11:30) and I am wearing jeans and Uggs. And then I am going straight home. To clean.

You should know that I have a bit of a homemaker-obsession issue. I'm not Martha Stewart, I can't make a centerpiece out of garden scraps or whatever (but I might try it) but I love to clean my house, wash the sheets (really what is better than getting into bed on warm, freshly-washed flannel sheets in the winter?), and cook and bake. I also am obsessed with sending Thank You cards, and buying the perfect gift for whatever occasion.

So my house is a total mess right now. So I am going to go home and it's going to look like a show-home when I'm done with it. Floors will be scrubbed, drapes will be cleaned, kitchen will be spotless. And then I am going to bake banana bread so that my house smells like fresh-baked banana bread tonight. Because I don't want my house to smell like cleaner. And then I will spend a cozy evening in my just-cleaned home with a bottle of wine and Taco Bell.

That's right, I'm classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment