Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Golden Globes Menu...

I love awards shows. I live for awards season. I plan menus and cocktails and host parties and everything. My friends think that I am completely nuts, but I just love doing it all. I live for hosting. And this year I have made it my goal to see every movie that is nominated for Best Film at the Oscars. And of course the Golden Globes, since it's the precursor to everything Oscar-related. But a lot of people are saying the Golden Globes included films they shouldn't have and excluded films that should be in there - Hello, "True Grit" not nominated?! That is an amazing film. And "The Traitor" with Angelina Jolie is? That movie got the worst reviews. So I'm not exactly seeing all the Golden Globes films (such as in the Best Comedy category, those rarely make the Oscars.) OMG, I sound like a lunatic.

I am always bummed when someone wins for a movie I haven't seen yet, I don't feel as invested. (I know, I'm crazy. But I accept and embrace it). I love having someone to root for, or at the very least say, "yeah he/she was really good in that." So far so good, but I have yet to see Black Swan and the King's Speech. I haven't seen Black Swan yet because mostly, I'm terrified. Everyone I know that has seen it has said it's fantastic but "disturbing." I'm not sure how I feel about that, as I don't do well with movies that have torture or rape or other upsetting things. But I know I'm just going to have to bite the bullet before this Sunday. And the King's Speech, according to my hubby, seems boring. But I've heard amazing things. So those are the last two on my list.I'm going to have to drag the hubby out this weekend I think. And also for grocery shopping........

The menu. I'm thinking my Poblano Quesadillas, Pioneer Woman's French Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms (I made these for Thanksgiving and got rave reviews), and Southwestern Egg Rolls. I'm also considering Fried Okra. I make it a lot because obviously, I love southern food and want to move to the South, and I love the looks on my friend's faces when they first see it and have never heard of it and then when they try it. I still have more to decide. I am obsessed with appetizers, they are my favorite food, so I love getting to plan parties where I make tons of different appetizers. I have to figure out more, but I think this is a good start. And I still have to figure out the cocktails. I will probably spend even more time obsessing over the perfect cocktails. And this is just for the Golden Globes! Thank God my office is closed on Monday. So much to do, so much to do....oh and running a law practice, I have to do that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment