Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Panic time

So I really hate January. I'm a big fan of ringing in the new year and looking forward to what the new year will bring. Until I get my bills. Now I just need a drink.

It's important to point out here that I work for myself. Basically. I have my own practice, but I work in an office suite with two other attorneys. Starting up your own practice is really not that hard or expensive. However, keeping it going kind of is. And when January comes, is also when all my bills are due. My yearly bar association dues (which are usually around $100 a piece - if not more) are due in January and I'm a member of like 4 bar associations. Then there's my malpractice insurance dues for the year. Then there's the invoices for office supplies. And of course all the county court security passes. Ugh, I feel like I just spend day after day the last few weeks writing checks. And even though this only happens once a year, and the rest of the year I don't really have to worry about it, it still freaks me out to write such big checks all at once. Sigh. I am a big worrier. Probably why I should not have been a lawyer. I really just should have been a personal shopper. Or a baker. Or a bridal consultant. Or a newscaster.

As an aside, Ricky Gervais was amazing as the host of the Golden Globes. He was hilarious! And I am so not excited about Anne Hathaway and whathisface hosting the Oscars. Boooorriiing. And I love awards shows. Okay, back to paying bills................

No comments:

Post a Comment